If you thought April’s beer month was fun, get your mugs ready for Raleigh Beer Week, which begins Sunday, Sept. 20. The celebration crams nearly a month’s worth of events into seven days. More than 30 local establishments are participating with tap takeovers, beer brunches and other special events daily through Sept. 27. Hell, the whole town may need to celebrate Raleigh Detox Week beginning Sept. 28. (Don’t take this idea seriously, city council.)
Just take a look at Sunday’s lineup:
• Crank Arm Brewing hosts a Brett Saison release plus a release of its Wet Road pale ale.
• North Street Beer Station teams with Fullsteam for an array of beer cocktails.
• House of Hops will host a brunch-and-beer event with breakfast-themed beers and brunch food trucks.
• Tyler’s Taproom does a brunch in conjunction with Foothills that features the first cask of Jade IPA.
• State of Beer is having a “day of barrels” that highlights various barrel-aged brews, while Flying Saucer is tapping five casks of North Carolina beers.
• Ballast Point is taking over the taps at The Stag’s Head.
• Lynwood Brewing is releasing its Czars and Stripes imperial stout.
• Garland is hosting a Mother Earth Brewing dinner.
Other intriguing happenings throughout the week include a Cask & Can-a-Palooza at Circa 1888 on Tuesday and Wednesday; a Barrel-Aged Beer Night at BottleMixx on Thursday, with offerings that include Wicked Weed La Bonte with Figs, Heavy Seas Red Sky at Morning, Allagash Curieux, Blue Mountain Spooky and Thirsty Dog Siberian Night; and a Tasty Beverage Company/Spread X Pop-Up Dinner scheduled to close out the week.
While many of the events just require you to show up, some of them, particularly the brunches and dinners, require advance reservations. For times and ticketing details of individual events, check out the complete Raleigh Beer Week schedule.
If you just can’t wait until Sunday for the fun to begin, Bottle Revolution is getting a head start on the festivities with a First Anniversary Party tonight, featuring “Beavertastic” beers on tap from Burial Beer, Asheville Brewing, Evil Twin Brewing and others. Part two of the anniversary party comes Saturday with what’s billed as a “Wicked Weed Funkatorium Tap Takeover.”