Beyoncé and Jay-Z just released new dates for their previously rumored “On the Run 2” tour, but the duo won’t be coming anywhere near the Triangle.
Fans in North Carolina will have to travel to the next closest stop, Washington, D.C., on July 28 if they want to see the Grammy-award-winning couple in their first tour together since 2014. (Tickets for this and all of the tour’s other North American shows go on sale next Monday, March 19.) Other viable options include Nashville on August 23 and Atlanta on August 25.
Queen Bey’s last stop in the Triangle almost didn’t happen. Amid controversy over HB 2—in which many other top artists were boycotting the state, but Beyoncé instead opted to send a statement of support for equality—tens of thousands of fans amassed in Carter-Finley Stadium to see the pop icon perform, even though a lightning storm led to a temporary evacuation before the concert continued as planned.
The “On the Run 2” tour begins on June 6 and will feature fifteen stops across Europe and twenty-one tour dates in North America.
NORTH AMERICA TOUR DATES
- July 25 Cleveland, OH FirstEnergy Stadium
- July 28 Washington, DC FedEx Field
- July 30 Philadelphia, PA Lincoln Financial Field
- Aug. 02 E. Rutherford, NJ MetLife Stadium
- Aug. 05 Boston, MA Gillette Stadium
- Aug. 08 Minneapolis, MN US Bank Stadium
- Aug. 10 Chicago, IL Soldier Field
- Aug. 13 Detroit, MI Ford Field
- Aug. 18 Buffalo, NY New Era Field
- Aug. 23 Nashville, TN Vanderbilt Stadium
- Aug. 25 Atlanta, GA Mercedes Benz Stadium
- Aug. 29 Orlando, FL Camping World Stadium
- Aug. 31 Miami, FL Hard Rock Stadium
- Sept. 11 Arlington, TX AT&T Stadium
- Sept. 13 New Orleans, LA Mercedes-Benz Superdome
- Sept. 15 Houston, TX NRG Stadium
- Sept. 19 Phoenix, AZ University of Phoenix Stadium
- Sept. 22 Los Angeles, CA Rose Bowl
- Sept. 27 San Diego, CA SDCCU Stadium
- Sept. 29 Santa Clara, CA Levi’s Stadium
- Oct. 02 Vancouver, BC BC Place