And Raleigh, before you start gloating about your rotund neighbors to the west (besides, our insulation allows us to survive much longer in cold water), uncinch your belt a notch because you ranked No. 47.
The magazine arrived at its rankings using several criteria:
- the percentage of people who are overweight
- the percentage who have Type 2 diabetes
- the percentage who haven’t left the couch in a month (we’re assuming MH doesn’t mean that literally)
- the amount of money spent on junk food
- and the number of people who ate fast food nine or more times in a month.
Greensboro received a No. 70 ranking, while Charlotte was 74th.
Corpus Christi, Texas, came in at No. 1, while San Francisco, unsurprisingly, was last.