Bad news for perennial students: UNC will give undergraduates eight semesters to graduate beginning with the Class of 2011. Students previously had nine, reports

The requirement is intended to free up classroom space and save “taxpayers and students money,” said UNC spokesperson Dee Reid.

71 percent of students who enrolled in 1999 graduated on time. As for the other 29 percent, they’re trying to find themselves.