It’s not only your love that overfloweth at your wedding or commitment ceremony, but the garbage bins, too. For the more than 2 million U.S. couples saying their vows this year, there are simple ways to have a greener celebration.
- Print invitations, thank you notes and programs on 100 percent recycled paper; recycle any discarded items, including wrapping paper.
- Order flowers from local farms.
- Place your gift registry at an eco-friendly store.
- Use biodegradable plates made of cornstarch or sugar cane, or rent real tableware so nothing is thrown away.
- If you’re jetting to a far-flung honeymoon, consider paying a few extra bucks to offset your carbon emissions at carbonneutral.com.